An occasional series of provocations for management thinkers.
May contain elements of offense.
(File under: contentious and and half-baked)
WHY OH WHY DID THIS HAPPEN, CAN YOU SEE WHAT IT IS YET?
NB: My target here is managerialism, not committed, ethical, hard-working public sector employees and elected representatives.
Rearrange these into the correct order:
1. Give police targets determined by politicians, and managers subservient to them
2. Import managerialism into the public sector
3. Destroy the multi use approach to city and town street life – thanks planners, abandoning the streets after 8pm to ne’er-do-wells, clubbers, drunks, and the poor and desperate.
4. Think it clever to save social services budgets a few quid by buying cheap places in care homes for vulnerable kids in depressed towns like Rochdale.
5. Close your children’s homes and allow the market to create cheap children’s homes in low cost areas.
6. Send vulnerable kids half-way across the country
7. Don’t see children and youth as valid members of society with needs, rights, and AGENCY, so don’t cater for their leisure and affiliation needs
8. Rack up business rates so that only poverty-level wages for fast-food work are viable in town centres.
9. Prioritise car theft, based on public complaint, over missing children who don’t complain because they don’t matter (“scrubbers” anonymous policeman, BBC Radio 4 Friday, September 12, 2014 13:37).
That was a trick question: there isn’t an order only a pattern.
Then wonder why the Rochdale Child Abuse Scandal.
Discuss. Use both sides of the argument and the brain.
if you find this offensive is it less or more offensive than the Rochdale Child Abuse Scandal?